1. Describe the state court systems.
2. Describe the federal Court system
3. Explain how a justice is chosen for the U.S. Supreme
4. Explain subject matter jurisdiction of federal and state
5. Describe in personam jurisdiction of courts and service
6. Describe venue
7. Describe the pretrial litigation process, including
pleadings, discovery, dismissals and pretrial judgments,
and settlement conferences.
8. Describe how a case proceeds through trial
9. Describe3 how a trial court decision is appealed.
10.Explain the use of arbitration and other nonjudicial
methods of alternative dispute resolution.
A. The State Court Systems
B. The Federal Court Systems
C. The Jurisdiction of Courts
D. The Pretrial Litigation Process
E. The Trial
F. The Appeal
G. Alternative Dispute Resolution